Asbestos Audits, Asbestos Registers and Management Plans
If you are a commercial building owner you will no doubt be aware of the minefield that is government legislation, not to mention the fees and charges levied on commercial building owners.
The Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011 requires that a person with management or control of a workplace must ensure that an asbestos register is prepared and kept at the workplace. This means that it is law that all buildings built prior to 1990 have an asbestos register prepared and maintained. This is irrespective of whether asbestos is assumed to be present or not.
At Envirohealth Consulting we don’t want to see commercial building owners served with non-compliance notices purely because owners are not aware of legislation.
Contact Envirohealth Consulting to take care of your asbestos compliance requirements. Our staff have many years’ experience in undertaking asbestos inspections of commercial buildings, and have carried out over 2500 asbestos audits in the 25 years Envirohealth Consulting has been in business. We have completed audits for all levels of Government, private corporations and private individuals. By engaging an experienced and long established company, building owners can be assured that we are here for the long term and that we will always be around to discuss any aspect of the asbestos report.
We understand the importance of keeping a commercial building operating and also the needs of a commercial property owner. We will make sure that you are fully compliant and also make sure that your building is safe for the occupants and visitors. We won’t recommend asbestos remediation works that are not required or necessary.
If you do not have an up to date asbestos report for your building, you risk any of the following:
- Fines for non-compliance from Workplace Health & Safety Inspectors.
- Accidental disturbance of asbestos materials.
- Possible exposure to asbestos for building occupants.
- Interruptions to building operation in the event of asbestos disturbance.
- Possible legal action from building tenants or other occupants.
As part of the audit process, Envirohealth Consulting audits undertake an extensive asbestos risk assessment of any asbestos containing materials located. Based on these assessments, we can provide recommendations for the treatment of any materials located. This risk assessment is also an integral part of the Asbestos Management Plan which is provided with our asbestos audit reports.
Why engage Envirohealth Consulting?
- We have been around since 1992 with the same management team and ownership structure. You can be assured that we will not disappear overnight and will always be available to answer any queries you may have in relation to your asbestos report.
- We are not a removal company and we don’t have any relationships or agreements with asbestos removal companies. You can be assured that we will only give you advice and recommendations that are realistic, and in the interests of the building owner not a removal contractor.
- We are a National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) accredited laboratory that has maintained our accreditation since 1992. Our accreditation covers both the operation of our quality system and the testing aspects of our laboratory. All of our sample testing is done in-house, so there are no delays in obtaining sample results.
- We are a locally owned and operated registered Australian company and are not a part of a large national or multi-national group.
- We have in place all the required insurances including Public Liability Insurance and more importantly Professional Indemnity Insurance which is essential when providing professional services including the issuing of detailed technical reports. All of our insurances cover asbestos consultancy works and have no specific asbestos related exclusions.
Get In Touch With Us
To request more info or ask a specific question, please contact us and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
HEAD OFFICE: Unit 7/210 Queensport Rd North, Murarrie QLD 4172
PHONE: (07) 3390 5344 | FAX: (07) 3390 6244 | EMAIL: email@example.com
TOWNSVILLE OFFICE: Unit 4, 42 Ross River Road, Mundingburra Qld 4812
PHONE: (07) 4755 0054 | FAX: (07) 4725 7160