Pre Purchase Inspections
Everyone thinks about building and pest inspections when buying a new house, but do you realise that having asbestos in your new home could be more costly in the long run than having termites or even structural damage?
Any house built prior to the mid 1980s can potentially have asbestos building products internally and externally.
Asbestos in residential dwellings can cause many problems for home owners including:
- Expensive removal in the event of any damage to asbestos materials.
- Difficulty in undertaking maintenance with specialised contractors required even for painting.
- Potential asbestos fibre release from even the smallest disturbance like installing hanging hooks.
- Issues in undertaking building works including renovations, as many building contractors now refuse to work in buildings where asbestos is present.
- Potential difficulties in selling residences in the future as asbestos law changes may occur, as may public opinions and perceptions surrounding asbestos.
- Exposure of your family and friends to asbestos fibres over time.
By engaging Envirohealth Consulting to carry out a comprehensive asbestos audit of your new home, we can assure you that all of the asbestos potentially located within the residence will be detailed in our comprehensive report. All Envirohealth Consulting inspectors are licensed asbestos assessors.
The inspections are non-invasive, and can be carried out with minimal disturbance to the occupants. All samples are collected in such a way that no damage requiring repairs occurs.
We also include recommendations for any immediate actions that may be required and can include a budget estimated for removal or repair works that may be to your advantage when making an offer on your new house.
As we are a National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) accredited laboratory, based in Brisbane and Townsville, extensive sampling and analysis of suspect building materials is carried out as part of the inspection. This will avoid any disputes that may arise with future contractors or even with the agent or vendor.
Why spend your money having an asbestos inspection carried out?
- If asbestos is found, this can provide you with a bargaining tool for negotiations with the agent and vendor.
- You will know where the asbestos is in your house and what condition it is in. This will help you to prevent any damage occurring and reduce exposure of your family to asbestos fibres.
- Knowing where the asbestos in your house is located can also help you prioritise areas for removal or renovation.
- If it is an investment property you can provide the report to the tenants so if any damage occurs you will have shown a duty of care by providing the detailed report to them.
If you are planning on renovating you can provide the report to your building contractor and make them do the right thing.
Get In Touch With Us
To request more info or ask a specific question, please contact us and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
HEAD OFFICE: Unit 7/210 Queensport Rd North, Murarrie QLD 4172
PHONE: (07) 3390 5344 | FAX: (07) 3390 6244 | EMAIL: email@example.com
TOWNSVILLE OFFICE: Unit 4, 42 Ross River Road, Mundingburra Qld 4812
PHONE: (07) 4755 0054 | FAX: (07) 4725 7160